Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hey, what'd'you know? Photography is interesting!

I first thought that photography was boring. I know people spend so much time in photography, including my dad, but I just don't understand what makes them so special. My father is the professional photographer in the family. He works with his trusty partner in photography, his Nikon D200. When I thought that photography was boring, I just wonder, why does he takes so many time with his camera? It's just a camera, it just takes pictures right? But, even when I don't like photography, I seem to show interest in the camera, I thought it's because I like gadgets, so I thought it was normal. My dad shows me cool photos in the magazine or the ones he took. He took a picture of a fly, it was clear and cool. Then, in time, I began to like taking photos. Now I understand why people like photography. It isn't just taking photos, there's lots of technique we need to master to make good photos.
Last Sunday, my dad offered me to borrow his camera (Kodak easy share, 5.0 mega pixels, 10 times optical zoom). So, he said that I can borrow his camera, IF, I take at least one photo a day, any photo. And, I CAN"T use the screen to take the photos. Easy enough, so I started doing that on Monday.
The first picture that I took was at school. I took a photo of a flower. It turned out good. My hand usually moves a lot, so the picture is sometimes blur, but this time, it turned out good. It's not blur, and it's clear. The second photo I took was my friend, Kara and Thurston. I got a good photo of Thurston, but I made a promise to him that I wouldn't show the photo to anybody, so too bad... Kara doesn't want her photo to be shown too, but I'll post the other photos in another time (because now, my dad is in Singapore, and he brought the camera batteries, so I can't use it and I have no idea where the connector is). So, that's my first experience using a camera seriously, and took a good photo. See other photography stuff in this blog, and see the photos that I took in here too!!!

No comments: